RED PORK AND PUMPKIN CURRY
Preparation time 10 minutes, cooking time 35 minutes - SERVES 4 PEOPLE
2 Tbsp Coconut oil
1 pouch Curry Love Red Thai Curry Sauce
1 pound of pork tenderloin, cut into strips about ½ inch thick
1 cup of kabocha or pumpkin or butternut squash 1 inch cubes
1 cup of sugar snap peas
Fresh Thai basil and sliced red chili and lime wedge for serving
- Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed pot or skillet to medium hot.
- Add the pumpkin. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Slowly fry until nice and browned. About 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat the pan to hot and add a little more oil. Add the pork. Don’t overcrowd the pan, as that will lead to the meat boiling instead of frying, due to the temperature drop of the pan. You may want to do this in 2 or 3 batches. Set aside.
- Pour the Red Thai Curry, pumpkin, Sugar snap peas into the same skillet, bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for 4 minutes.
- Add the pork back into the pot and simmer for another 3 to 4 minutes or until the meat is cooked.
- Garnish with basil and chili and serve with jasmine rice.