CURRIED COCONUT RICE - VEGAN
Preparation time 10 minutes, cooking time 40 minutes - SERVES 4 PEOPLE
1 Tbsp Coconut oil
1 pouch of Curry Love Yellow Thai Curry Sauce
1 can coconut milk
½ tsp turmeric
1 small onion, peeled and chopped
1 garlic clove peeled and chopped
1 ½ cups of jasmine rice, rinsed and drained
1 cup of vegetable or chicken broth
Crispy fried onion
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F.
2. Bring the Curry Sauce, coconut milk and the broth in one pot together to a boil. (This will speed up the rice cooking process)
3. Heat a big enough pot on the stove and add the coconut oil.
4. Sauté the onion and garlic until fragrant and translucent.
5. Add the rice and turmeric and sauté some more.
6. Add the hot Curry Sauce, coconut milk and broth.
7. Put a lid on pot and put it in the oven for about 20 to 30 minutes.
8. Serve with cilantro and fried onions.