MASSAMAN BEEF CURRY
Preparation time 15 minutes, cooking time 3 hours - SERVES 4 PEOPLE
1 Tbsp Coconut oil
1 pouch Curry Love Massaman Curry Paste
1 can of Coconut Milk
2 to 3 cups of Beef Stock
1 to 1½ pounds of beef chuck (shoulder cut), cut into cubes about 1 inch thick
Salt and Pepper
8 small potatoes, peeled, washed, cut in half
10 shallots, peeled, left whole or cut in half
½ cup roasted peanuts
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed pot until hot.
3. Add beef. Season with S&P. Cook, stirring frequently, until evenly browned.
4. The beef will release its juices, just keep cooking on high heat until the juices are evaporated and the meat starts sizzling and browning.
5. Turn down the heat, add the curry paste and the shallots to the pot and cook for 2 minutes.
6. Add the beef stock.
7. Put the lid on the pot, put it in the oven and braise, stirring occasionally for 2 to 3 hours, or until the meat is fall apart tender.
8. Add the potatoes about 45 minutes before the beef is done, put back in the oven.
9. In the last 20 minutes of cooking add the coconut milk.
10. Sprinkle with Peanuts. Serve with steamed jasmine rice and Naan.