MASSAMAN BEEF RIBS
Preparation time 15 minutes, cooking time 3 hours - SERVES 4 PEOPLE
1 pouch Curry Love Massaman Curry Paste
4 pounds meaty beef back ribs, sliced between each bone and excess fat trimmed
1 can coconut milk or coconut cream
½ cup beef stock or vegetable broth
10 shallots, peeled, left whole or cut in half
1 Tbs fish sauce
1 tsp tamarind puree
1 Tbs palm sugar or coconut sugar
Freshly chopped scallions for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Rub the Massaman paste onto the ribs.
3. Take a large baking dish and line it with aluminum foil, making sure to overlap, so you can create a pouch. You can use a roasting pot with a lid as well.
4. Add the ribs and all other ingredients, except the coconut milk onto the foil and make a package.
5. Place the baking dish or pot with lid in the oven and cook for 1 hour.
6. Turn down the heat to 325°F and cook for another 2 hours.
7. In the last 20 minutes of cooking, pour off the fat and add the coconut milk to the pouch and finish cooking.