MASSAMAN CURRY WITH LAMB SHANKS
Preparation time 10 minutes, cooking time 2 hours - SERVES 4 PEOPLE
2 Tbsp Coconut oil
1 pouch Curry Love Massaman Curry Sauce
1 cup of Beef Stock
2 to 4 lamb shanks, seasoned with salt and pepper
6 to 12 whole shallots, peeled
1 pinch of coconut sugar
2 large potatoes, peeled, cut into cubes 1 inch
¼ cup roasted peanuts
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Heat 1 Tbsp coconut oil in a heavy bottomed pot until hot.
3. Add shanks. Brown them on all sides in the oven. Add the shallots and sauté them for 5 minutes.
4. Add Massaman Sauce and beef stock to the pot.
5. Put a lid on the pot and braise in the oven for 1 ½ to 2 hours or until the shanks are nice and tender.
6. In the meantime heat the remaining 1 Tbsp of coconut oil in a nonstick pan. Fry the potatoes until nice and golden on all sides, this can also be done in the oven.
7. Serve with jasmine rice or crusty sour dough bread.