Preparation time 15 minutes, cooking time 40 minutes - SERVES 4 PEOPLE
2 Tbsp Coconut or Vegetable Oil
1 whole Chicken, cut into 10 pieces - seasoned with Salt and Pepper
2 pouches of Curry Love Tikka Masala Simmer Sauce
3 to 4 Tbsp Butter
1 chopped large red Onion - pinch of salt
1/3 cup of Heavy Cream
1. Heat the oil in a Dutch Oven. Or any heavy bottom pot.
2. Add the chicken and sear to a golden brown. You may have to do this in batches. Set the browned chicken aside.
3. Discard the oil and add 3 to 4 Tbsp of butter, melt and add the chopped onion, season to taste with salt. Brown the onion until caramelized over medium heat. This may take 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Add the Cream and add the Tikka Masala, stir it up.
5. Add the Chicken pieces back into the pan, cover and simmer on a slow flame until chicken is done. About 25 minutes. This may be done on stove top or in the oven. If you are cooking it in the oven, you might want to remove the lid for the last 5 minutes to achieve some more browning.
6. Sprinkle with fresh chopped Cilantro and serve with steamed Basmati rice, Sourdough Bread, Potato Gratin or Naan.
7. If you have any leftover sauce, save it and it will be delicious with your scrambled eggs in the Morning!