MASSAMAN LAMB CHOPS
Preparation time 10 minutes, cooking time 15 minutes - SERVES 4 PEOPLE
1 Tbsp Coconut oil
1 pouch Curry Love Massaman Curry Paste
12 to 16 lamb chops
1 can coconut milk or coconut cream
½ cup beef stock or vegetable broth
10 shallots, peeled, left whole or cut in half
8 small potatoes, peeled, washed, cut in half
4 Tbsp roasted peanuts
1 Tbsp fish sauce
1 tsp tamarind puree
1 Tbs palm sugar or coconut sugar
Fresh basil for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. Heat the coconut oil in a pan, add the shallot and potatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add the Curry Paste and cook over medium heat until the oils begin to separate.
4. Add the stock, coconut milk and the optionals.
5. Put the pot in the oven, uncovered and let it cook.
6. In the meantime, season the lamb chops with salt and pepper.
7. Heat a skillet over high heat, add some coconut oil and fry the lamp chops. If you like them medium, fry them 2 to 2 ½ minutes on one side, flip them over and cook for another 1 ½ to 2 minutes. I always cook them in the hot oven, that way the heat gets to the chops from all sides.
8. Arrange lamb chops on plates, add the sauce, vegetables and peanuts.
9. Serve with Naan or Rice