SRI LANKAN VEGETABLE CURRY - VEGAN
Preparation time 15 minutes, cooking time 40 minutes - SERVES 4 PEOPLE
1 pouch Curry Love Sri Lankan Curry Sauce
1 can of coconut milk
1 medium onion, peeled and roughly chopped
1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed ½ inch
1 russet potato, peeled and cubed ½ inch
1 cup of pumpkin, peeled and cubed ½ inch
1 eggplant, cubed ½ inch
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 cup green beans, stems removed
1 cup of button mushrooms, cut in half
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Get a large pan nice and hot, add the onion and fry until golden brown.
3. Add all other vegetables except the bell pepper and green beans. Sauté for a couple of minutes, stirring.
4. Put the pot in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes stir a couple of times during that time.
5. Add the beans and the pepper. Stir, and put back in the oven for 5 minutes.
6. Take out of the oven and put onto small flame on the stove.
7. Add the coconut milk. Add the pouch contents.
8. Bring to the boil, turn down the heat to barely simmering.
9. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
10. Serve with Brown rice, Quinoa, Mashed potates or Basmati rice.